Droidippy is a Diplomacy like game running on devices compatible with Android 2.2 and having at least one Google account as well as most modern web browsers (if you have a google account yourself).
If you have never played Diplomacy it could perhaps be explained as being a mix of Risk, Poker, Chess and Rock-Paper-Scissors. It was supposedly the favorite game of John Kennedy and Henry Kissinger.
If you have any problems, questions, comments, praise or complaints don't hesitate to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
If you have ideas for improvements, or other suggestions, you can also post them on the Droidippy Wishlist.
- Several simultaneous games (for premium users) with anonymous players or your friends from all over the world.
- Keeps track of your deadline reliability, and sets you up with players of similar reliability.
- Vector based map with zooming, panning and (in Android long-) click to enter orders.
- Instant messaging, one on one and in a conference channel, in each game.
- Game global help and talk chat channel.
- Configurable (in Android) notifications when messages are sent, phases resolved and games end.
- Browse history of games to check the performance of friend and foe alike.
- Clearly stated orders and results in text, if the point and click interface confuses.
- The web interface does not work in some Android devices, depending on whether their web browsers can render SVG images or not.
- The web interface is in a beta phase and may not always work as expected or advertised.
- Droidippy contains no explanations about the rules of the game. See http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Diplomacy/Rules for a full description of the rules.
- Joining a game is serious business. A player that abandons a game will ruin the game for his or her fellow players. Please only join a game if you are actually interested in following it through to the end.
Here are some screenshots from the Android interface:
And here is a screenshot from the web interface: